Tuesday, October 7, 2014

We Are The Creoles



I Am; An American Black Man. My ancestors came to this country on slave ships where they were forced to perform manual labor and bought and sold as property.

Throughout time, (about 400 years) I've came to be what I am today. A mixture of Lords knows what all, but through natural selection I have survived. Evolution has taken a mark upon my people that has stripped US of our home, our culture, and our identity just as a marigold taken from Africa to America I have changed into something else in order to survive this new land. That something else I call, Creole.

You see, someone at sometime decided to call people like me African Americans. I'm not African just American. African is not a color it's a culture. I have never been to Africa nor has any of my family members that goes back for generations has been to Africa. I would like to go to Africa as a tourist to learn more about the human beginnings that erupted there but I could never fully relate to their lifestyle. Besides, I would never want to claim the people who sold US to outsiders for blood money. Africa is The Motherland and always will be, but African is not a culture. My culture is in American. True American... By divine design I exist. You don't hear the whites calling themselves European American and they are here through immigration. But, they're always telling US to go back home and this is our home. They can go back home to Europe where they can trace their family tree.

I believe that there are truly African Americans. I believe those who have migrated here from parts of Africa and claimed U.S. citizenship should hold the name African American. But, to say that my American Ancestry came here as an immigrant is insulting. We didn't get here by choice but but a natural occurrence. Human are a part of nature.

 Maybe it was destiny that we ended up here. Maybe we are the people who God promised The Promise Land. But, I do know we are a special breed. We are a whole new breed of ethnic. We are the future... We have survive many of ostracism politically, culturally, and economically yet we still stand strong. The sweat and blood of our ancestors that stains this American has soil given life to a species of mankind... "A Power Generation." We are no longer a people of shame but a people of pride. Black is no longer beast but Beauty. We should unite and manifest the the prophecy. We are the meek the Bible speaks of... I am You and You are me. I Am; honey gold, lightly brown, and burnt brass. I Am; "US" We are The Creoles.

Cupid D. Atkins

No comments:

Post a Comment